What is SEO?
It is the process of improving your website to increase its visibility for relevant searches. The better visibility your pages have in search results, the more likely you are to gather attention and attract potential and existing customers to your business.
Search Engine Optimisation
Search engines such as Google and Bing use crawlers on pages from the web, they collect information about those pages and put them in an index. Algorithms analyse the index and are designed to surface relevant, authoritative pages and provide users with an efficient search experience. Optimising your site and content with these factors in mind can help your pages rank higher in the search results.
If you want search engines to offer your content and website pages at the top of results, CMB Digital can offer our services to get you there. We will help you with:
- Ensure search engines understand who you are and what you offer.
- Convince them that you are the most credible and relevant option for their users.
- Make your content deliverable.
Search Engine Optimisation brings you the most precious traffic, known as organic traffic. When a search engine shows your content to its users in the organic part of a SERP (Search Engine Results Page), you do not pay for the ranking. When the user clicks on the result and visits your site, you do not pay Google for a visit.
How to rank highly for SEO:
Search engines want to satisfy their users and the users want to be finding relevant websites for what they are searching. We want to therefore ensure your website is providing the most helpful, relevant and best solutions for the users.
- Keywords – We are not looking at individual words, we are looking at combinations of words that express a problem or a question.
- Find what your audience is searching for – We will use SEO tools to help in finding out about the leading keywords in your industry that you need to rank for.
- On page search optimisation – Looking at your sites; speed, mobile friendliness, security and overall effectiveness of your website for optimal user experience.
- Content optimisation – Making sure your content gives clear and relevant messages to search engines, from titles, copy, internal linking, outbound links and more.
Example of Page Optimisation
This is a typical example of an optimised page, first we do some research on your products or services using SEO tools like Ahref and Moz. Then we set-up your web page with the relevant content and your keywords within the H1, H2, H3 tags, etc, so that when a search engine spider crawls your page they’ll index it for the terms you require.
The service we offer on this page is called “Search Engine Optimisation” also known as SEO and gets 3,700 monthly searches. Which is great, unfortunately there is one other factor to take into consideration and that’s the keyword difficulty (KD). Keyword difficulty is a rank out of a 100 and for “Search Engine Optimisation” it’s rated at 94 – and to make this possible you’d need 1197 backlinks from different websites to rank in the top 10 for this keyword.
So SEO Oxford has 300 monthly searches which means you only need 3 backlinks from different websites to rank in the top 10 for this keyword. Again this seems quite straightforward, but with everything SEO it’s never quite that easy as other factors like Domain rating (DR) come into effect.
CMB Digital can offer your organisation the right help and acquire the ranking you deserve. Your relevance and authority will be boosted, creating backlinks that find you the best opportunities to reach your target audience and gain online authority over competitors.